Friday, September 18, 2020

Proud as a mother hen!

We made it through a dumpster fire of a summer. We - all of us - deserve a round of applause for keeping our sh*t together and not scaring the kids. In case you need to hear it, I'm proud of you!  And by now, I suspect everyone knows someone who contracted COVID-19 so we understand the good sense behind quarantine and Home-based work. 

 

Did you know you can buy these?

And speaking of HBW, how are we doing? It's been 6 months - have you kitted out your home office space yet? I added a 2nd monitor and a wireless keyboard to my setup and it's helped a lot. My summer has revolved around helping my organization adopt Teams for online meetings and rolling out SharePoint document libraries for easier access to documents. I can't even tell you how many guides, FAQs, tips & tricks, learning resources, knowledge-base articles, and #AskMeAnything sessions I've personally churned out on the former -- and I have an entire globe's worth of offices yet to transition for the latter.

But it's working. It's helping. Despite the nay-sayers who want Zoom (we caved; they can have Zoom - if they pay for the license) or reject all help because "there are too many options - how do I know what to choose?" as a population, our staff are adopting the tools and learning new skills. 

Aside: since I can't share the comparisons I wrote for my company, if you still need an approachable "nutshell" on WebEx vs. Teams vs. Zoom, Jefferson Graham wrote a good one for USAToday. And if you're looking more strategically, try this TechTarget article by Luke O'Neil.

In fact, Teams meetings surpassed WebEx meetings for the first time this month! Pretty exciting for me (less exciting for the WebEx product owner). Yay Teams! I'm proud of the success we've had socializing Teams meetings! Proud as a mother hen!  😁

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home